Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tattoo Challenge

For 30 days (starting day pending), perform one tattoo. I want to develop my coordination with the machine, learn how to effectively shade, and gain some skill in coloring. I will be suing mostly fruit, unless I feel really excited and go get a pig carcass (not very likely, since Abi won't like the smell). This challenge will be spread into 3 sections:

A: 10 tattoos that are a solid color.
B: 10 tattoos that include black and a great deal of shading with black ink.
C: 10 tattoos that include multiple colors and shading.

These numbers do not need to be done in order, but should be kept track of to make sure I get some practice in each category. My reason for this month of practice: to prepare for human trials. My friend's brother offered me his skin as practice long before I was really even serious about this hobby, and he's still willing. After I spend some time on him, I should be ready to do some small tattoos for other friends. By then, I will hopefully be confident and gain the same in others.

As soon as I am done with the design challenge, this will start. I may even let them overlap...

No comments:

Post a Comment